AEM Intake Systems are designed to produce massive horsepower and torque gains as well as better engine sound when used as a replacement for the factory airbox and air filter. AEM intake systems are designed, tuned, and dyno-tested to fit specific cars and trucks. These kits usually include an oversized AEM Dryflow synthetic washable air filter for optimum air flow, filtration, and performance while allowing easy oil-free cleaning. Most AEM intake systems use mandrel-bent aluminum intake tubes, powder coated heat shields, and high quality hardware designed to reduce restriction and reduce intake temperature. The design and components of each intake system vary so consult the installation instructions for more information on the contents of each part number. AEM manufactures a variety of intake kit styles including short ram intakes, cold air intakes, dual-chamber intakes, Brute Force intakes for trucks and SUV's, and Brute Force HD intakes for diesel applications.
Short Ram Air Intakes
AEM short ram intake systems are an economical alternative to our cold air systems and deliver performance, value and ease of installation. Our short ram intakes install easily under the hood and cost less because we use less material to manufacture them.
During the development process, we found certain applications respond favorably to shorter inlet lengths over our longer cold air designs. For these applications (denoted in the search results page), we offer a short ram system only. We perform extensive temperature testing to locate the filter in the coolest area of the engine compartment.
- Engineered to produce significant increases in power
- 50-state legal or pending legality
- Manufactured and assembled in the USA
- AEMs lifetime DRYFLOW Synthetic air filter is 99.53% efficient in FINE DUST testing, filters dirt as small as one micron, and never needs filter oil!
- Inlet constructed of lightweight 6063 aluminum and mandrel bent for maximum flow
- Reinforced TIG-welded brackets and fittings deliver added durability
- Utilizes a complete hardware kit with soft mounts for a guaranteed perfect fit
- Comprehensive installation instructions, and decals included
- Available powdercoated in red (22-440R) or blue (22-440B), or with a mirror-polished finish (22-440P)
- Guaranteed for life
Application: 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1994 Nissan 240SX S13 2.4L L4 F/I. Street Legal In All States.